modern methods in the application of herbicides and precautions that can be taken when applying herbicide. these methods can be seen below. there are so many precautions that can be taken when applying herbicide. some of these methods can be seen below. herbicides can be very harmful if it is mishandled during application process utmost care should be taken during use of herbicide. so here are a few precautionary tips you should observe to avoid getting infected
using modern herbicides
and cultural practices to control weeds
This method simply means the combination of two or more methods together in the control of, weeds. so what this means is that in modern times the use of herbicide alone is no longer adequate in tackling the menace of weeds on crop cultivation
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHEN USING HERBICIDES
application of herbicides may have unintended consequences because In handling of herbicides, the following precautionary measures should be observed: Herbicides should not be allowed to touch the body either during mixing or use. Therefore, a stick should be used to stir when mixing the herbicide with water in a bucket you won’t understand why we advise that caution should be taken while using a herbicide on the farm, one of such reason for taking precaution is because a normal herbicide is poisonous the body and health 2. Herbicides should be kept away from food and sleeping rooms. The container containing the herbicide should be marked “danger”. It should not be drank. this mostly necessary where you have so much kids playing around the environment
3. Do not eat or drink when using herbicides because any stain on your hands or fingers poses a high risk.
some herbicides are in liquid form while some are in powdered form. sometimes children can mistaken it for natural face powder. in reality, any liquid herbicide can also look like beverage or soft drinks.
6. Do not spray herbicides on cultivated crops except although there are modern herbicides that can be sprayed directly on the farm and these types of herbicide is called selective herbicide and they are meant to kill only the targeted weeds.
7. Wash your body with soap as well as all spraying equipment after use.
8. Contact a medical doctor when feeling uneasy due to the used on of herbicides.
MODERN METHODS IN THE APPLICATION OF HERBICIDES
Benefits of weed control using modern methods in the application of herbicide
there are lots of benefits that can be derived by using herbicides to kill weeds. the following are some of the benefits of controlling weed using herbicides
For instance, cultural practices) such as burning and tillage can be supplemented with pre-emergence herbicides application. That is. spraying the farmland when the weeds have not appeared.
Groups of herbicides and modern application methods
Pre-plant incorporated herbicides are soil applied herbicides that are applied prior to planting and mechanically incorporated into the soil. The objective for incorporation is to prevent dissipation through photo decomposition and/or volatility.
Pre-emergence herbicides are applied to the soil before the crop emerges and prevent germination or early
growth of weed seeds. Post-emergent herbicides are applied after the crop has emerged— read the full article on weed control method here the following ways are some the various methods we can use to supplement the use of herbicide on the farm
- Overcrowding and shading of crops are removed.
- The alternate host of pests and disease organisms of crops are: eliminated.
3. The crops will be able to make full use of nutrients, water, air and light.
- The farm will become clean for easy activities such as application of fertilizer and harvesting operations.
- There is high yield from crops when weeds are controlled.
- Weed control reduces contamination of crop products such as rice and vegetables.
- application of pre emergence herbicides
WHAT ARE HERBICIDES?
Herbicides are chemical substances used to destroy or inhibit the growth of plants, especially weeds. In
this study, the classifications of herbicides based on its activity, usage, mechanisms of action and chemical characteristics were reviewed.
The effects of herbicides which include environmental, health and ecological
effects were discussed. Further, the properties, chemistry, effects and applications of some named herbicides
were also treated in this study
modern types of herbicide
- 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
- A herbicide is termed selective if
it affects only certain types of plants, and nonselective if it inhibits a very broad range of plant types.
- triazine family of herbicides, which includes atrazine
- Glyphosate, frequently sold under the brand name Roundup
- Prowl (pendimethalin)
- Liberty herbicide
don’t forget to use the comment box and leave a message or suggestion and we will get back to you within seconds.
You can read some of most interesting topics below
HERE YOU WILL FIND EVERY AVAILABLE TOPICS ABOUT AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND BIOLOGY. AND THE LINKS TO THEIR VARIOUS SOURCES.
SOLUTIONS TO POOR AGRICULTURAL