UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE ON TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT (UNCTAD)
Formation: The UNCTAD was established in 1964 with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. It was created as an organ of the United Nations by a resolution passed by the United Nation Organisation (UNO).
This was in response to a call to the UNO by the developing nations, to convene a meeting for the purpose of discussing their growing international trade problems and their poor level of development and the wide gap between the standard of living of the advanced and the underdeveloped countries. The first conference was held in Geneva, Switzerland in 1968, and the second in New Delhi, India in 1978.
Objectives and functions united nations conference on trade
- To assist in solving the international trade problems of the underdeveloped countries
- It also helped to solve increasing balance of payments difficulties of developing countries
- To also aid the increase in the pace of economic development of underdeveloped nations, in order to reduce the gap between them and the rich countries in the world.
- 7. COMPOST
8. WEED AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES
1. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AFFECTING AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
3. 52. SOIL MICRO-ORGANISMS
4. ORGANIC MANURINGION
9. loans for businesses
- how to establish enterprises
- what is a firm
- price equilibrium
- scale of preference
- concept of economics
- economic tools for nation building