What is the adrenal gland?
adrenal gland is composed of two distinct parts: the outer part called the adrenal cortex and the inner adrenal
The adrenal glands are small glands located on top of each kidney. They produce hormones that makes us live healthy, including sex hormones and cortisol.
What is cortisol hormones?
Cortisol helps you respond to stress with many other important functions of it.
With adrenal gland disorders, your glands make too much or not enough hormones. What this simply means is that there are times where the adrenal gland does not make enough hormones and sometimes it can also produce excess hormones.
Where can we find the adrenal gland
This gland can be found on top of each of the kidneys
What is secreted by the adrenal gland
Adrenaline is the main hormone secreted by the gland.
There are many functions of this gland but I am going to list at least seven of the functions of this gland
1. The adrenal gland increases heartbeat and respiration
2. Another tangible function of the adrenal gland is the increase of sugar content of the blood
3. it aids Dilation of pupils
4. This gland increases the muscular tone
5. The adrenal gland is responsible for shivering during cold weather
6. The adrenal gland is called emergency hormone secretor because it helps to prepare the body for emergencies
7. This gland is associated with fear and anxiety. Most time when we come in contact with something sudden happenings it is adrenaline that raises the body response to a certain degree of alertness to the brain.