What is soil air and the importance of air to agricultural products. What is soil gas? The term is used for a reference to the gases or air present in the soil pores found between the soil particles of any given sample of soil
what is soil air?
The amount of air present in the soil varies depending on the amount of soil water and the sizes of the soil particles, the type of soil and the amount of living organisms in the soil that helps to dampen the soil structure thereby creating humus in the soil
The total and normal percentage of air that is supposed to be found in the soil that we can assume is Optimum point is supposed to be 25% of your volume of the soil itself and so the ability of air to circulate freely in the soil is called soil aeration
the effect or importance of soil air and farming
The under listed points are some of few of importance of air
1. air especially oxygen is necessary for the growth and development of plants
The presence of oxygen in the soil promotes easy germination of seed this is because oxygen constitutes 23% of the atmospheric air.
Soil organisms present in the soil also requires a for respiration as a result without much or the Pores of soil also known as spaces between the soil particles it is not much to retain.
it is a hazard for soil organisms like rodent that lives underground to be able to breathe properly
Some plant diseases or disease organisms such as fusarium on which causes damping off are favored by Poor aeration
Most often air is needed or reaction particularly carbon and nitrogen cycle
In conclusion the importance of air and there is so much more that the lack of it…What I actually mean by this grammar is this that’s is that soil and soil water is very very important to the growth of crops in the farm
composition of air in the soil
The air in the soil contains a number of gases. of which oxygen, carbon-dioxide, nitrogen, and water vapor are most useful to the farmer. The composition is more or less similar to that of the atmospheric air except the content of carbon dioxide which is several times higher. The soil fauna and flora consume oxygen and gives out carbon dioxide. Organic matter addition and cropping increases the level of Carbon dioxide in the soil.
Thank you thank you very much for coming to our page to read the articles today we will be grateful to hear from you again so if you have any comment please use the comment box below and send us an email
- Capital facilitates production: Availability of adequate capital to any business outfit helps in mass production of goods and services.
- Capital boosts efficiency: Availability of capital to a business enterprise boosts efficiency because more machines are used in production rather than by manual labour
- It assists in location of industry: The availability of social capital like electricity, goods roads and water assists to a large extent the location of a particular industry. It also affects the size and nature of the industry to be so located
- It increases standard of living: Acquisition of capital by either individuals or governments helps them to have assets and other properties that aid or promote standard of living
- Production of quality goods: The availability of capital to any firm aids the production of quality goods and services as a result of the purchase of modern machines.