NIGER BASIN COMMISSION (NBC), What is Niger Basin Commission? Formation of Niger Basin Commission: Niger Basin Commission (NBC) was established by countries located in the Niger basin to maintain better co-operation on the use of the River Niger.
The Treaty establishing the commission was signed by the countries in October,1963. These countries are The Republic of Benin, Chad, Cameroun, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Mali, Cote d’Ivoire and Niger Republic.
Objectives and functions of Niger Basin Commission NBC
- To guide navigation on the Niger River
- To ensure the most effective utilization of the resources of the river
- To streamline the construction of dams on the Niger River
- To ensure the most effective use of the Niger water
- To undertake schemes to control floods and erosion
- To promote studies on the agricultural potential of the River Niger.
32. PESTS AND DISEASE OF MAIZE- ZEA MAYS
34. OIL PALM
At the end of this chapter, students should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of different types of business;
- Illustrate with examples from the local econonmy differences between types of business organization;
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the different types of business organization.
- MEANING OF FIRM, PLANT OR FACTORY, INDUSTRY AND COMPANY
Definition: A firm is an independently administered business unit which carries out productive activities such as production, construction or distributive activities. A firm organises it production in a plant.
- Plant or Factory
Definition: A plant or factory is a place where a firm carries out its productive activities e.g. farm and quarry.
- An Industry
Definition: An industry is the combination of a number of firms producing broadly similar commodities or services for the same market.
Definition: A company is defined as a legal person or entity created by the association of a number of people in accordance with the law, for the purpose of pooling their capital together in on to set up a business venture. India consist of the activities geared towards the production of goods through extraction manufacturing and construction.
7.3 DEFINITION OF BUSIN ORGANISATION
Business organisation can be defined enterprise set up by an individual or group of individuals, government or its agencies for the main purpose of making profit and providing goods and services for the satisfaction of human wants.
All business organisations, be it small or large, irrespective of the ownership ownership structure, have one thing in common provision of goods and services to me numerous needs of the people.
7.4 TYPES OFBUSINESS ORGANISA
There are two major types or group business organisations. These are private enterprises and public enterprises.