Bank clearing house
BANK CLEARING HOUSE
what bank clearing? Bank clearing house is an institution established by member banks to simplify exchanging and obtaining of payments for the cheques that are paid into bank branches throughout the country.
The clearing system is used among banks to settle cheques drawn on them. Indebtedness between banks as a result. of the differences between the daily totals o cheques exchanged are set off against each other. Final settlement is effected through the banks’ accounts.
Types of bank clearing house
- Local clearing house: The local clearing house takes care of clearance of cheque among various banks in the same town. All large towns have their own clearing houses where representatives of the various banks in the town meet each date to clear cheques.
- Head office clearing house: Head office clearing system undertakes to settle cheques drawn by the customers of bank from various branches
Bankers clearing house: Banker clearing house is the place where ultimate clearance and settlement of cheques are earned out in a country.
All banks in the country will come together to sort out cheques drawn on each other. The final settlement is through cheques drawn m the central bank.
- economic tools for nation building
- factors affecting the expansion of industries
- mineral resources and the mining industries
- demand and supply
- types of demand curve and used
- advertising industry
- factors of production
- joint stock company