DEFINITION AND FEATURES OF UNDER-DEVELOPMENT
Definition: A nation is regarded as being underdeveloped or developing when it lacks the human and material resources used in improving the quality of human and material resources used in improving the quality of human lives and this leads to low level of living. In other words, underdeveloped or developing nations refer to economies that have not reached a certain level of development and improvements.
Features or characteristics of an underdeveloped economy or country.
Reasons why many African countries or economies are referred to as underdeveloped or developing are due to the following characteristics.
- Dependence on agriculture: Majority of these underdeveloped nations depend mainly on agriculture as a source of income. Agriculture in this case, also constitutes the greatest employer of labour.
- : Most of these developing nation? depend greatly on foreign countries for their survival.
- Low savings and investment: Labour receives low income and this and this reduces or leads to low savings investments.
- Population explosion: Under developed countries do witness high birth rate leading to population explosion.
- Low per capita income: The per capital income in all underdeveloped economiesis generally low.
- Low standard of living: The standard of living in these countries is general low.
- s: Medical facilities are also gross inadequate in underdeveloped countries.
- Low rate of economic growth: The rate of growth of the economy is generally very low.
- High death rate: There is usually high death rate due to lack of medical facilities.
- Inadequate infrastructural facilities: Infrastructural facilities like roads, water and electricity are grossly inadequate.
- Low level of industrialisation: The level of industrial growth is equally very low.
- High level of illiteracy: There is a high level of illiteracy in underdeveloped nations.
- High rate of importation: Citizens in these countries have high appetite for imported products.
- High level of unemployment: There is a high level of unemployment in many underdeveloped nations
- Use of crude technology: There is the use of crude technology, which gives rise to low productivity.
- Dual economy: There is sharp contrast and a wide gap between the rich and the poor in the economy of underdeveloped countries.
- Rural settlements: Majority of the inhabitants are based in rural areas.
153. FUNGAL DISEASES
159. TAPE WORM
160. ROUND WORM OF PIGS
161. LIVER FLUKE
162. ECTO PARASITES
check out these recent posts
You must log in to post a comment.