DIGNITY OF LABOUR
Dignity of labour is a clause which states that all job types are equally respectable and no occupation is superior to another. It emphasizes the virtue of equality and lack of condensation. Dignity of labour insists that it is better to be employed than stay idle.
Important things to know about dignity of labour
Dignity of labour indicates that all types of jobs are respected
equally, and no occupation is considered superior.
Dignity of labour is the theory that variety of jobs have equal respect and that occupation is considered higher than the other. It also suggest that someone should not feel one job is better than another.
What actually is dignity of labour?
If your work provides for your living, you and your job should be respected by and all.
Unfortunately, many in our company consider people who work in a manual job as inferior and hence even the people the people themselves doing these jobs develop an inferior complex.
This mentality should be changed and away with as it hampers the progress of the individuals as well as the country.
Social reformers like Basava and Mahatma Gandi were prominent advocates of Dignity of labour
Ways to Truly Follow the Saying “Dignity of Labour”
- Respect your work and put in all your effort to do your job efficiently.
- Do your work honestly and since
- Do not look down on others, especially those who have menial jobs like your domestic help, laborers, sweepers, mason, etc.
- If given a task, do not label it as below your level and instead fulfill it by giving your 100 percent.
- Spread awareness and teach others around you to respect people other professions.
One important aspect to remember is that there is no shame in doing a job, no matter what it entails but it should be done with dignity and respect.