ROLES OF national agency for food and drug administration and control (nafdac)). Into the quality of facilities materials and products in Nigeria, and establish a quality assurance system including certification of factories, products and laboratories;.. national agency for food and drug administration and control (NAFDAC)
how does NAFDAC operate
“(NAFDAC) is headed by a chairman who presides over a governing council appointed by the president on the recommendation of the Minister of Health.” Other council members of national agency for food and drug administration and control are
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health
- The director-General of NAFDAC
- Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)
- The National Institute for Pharmaceutical research and Development (NIPRD)
- The chairman of the Pharmacists’ Council of Nigeria (PNC)
- The chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- A representative each of the Pharmaceutical Group and the Beverages Group of the Manufactures’ Association of Nigeria
Three people from the general public are also represented on the council
Several units make up NAFDAC:
- The Legal Unit is charged with offering legal advice on “law arising from Employee relationship and is the custodian of legal documents and all agreements relations to the Agency.”
- The Public Relations Unit is headed by the Director- General’s office. Its main function is to inform, sensitize, enlighten and create awareness concerning the role of the Agency. The Agency is divided into eight directorates with the last two newly added.
- Internal Audit provides a means of measuring the effectiveness of the system of internal control and accounting, and carries out special investigations.
Into the quality of facilities materials and products in Nigeria, and establish a quality assurance system including certification of factories, products and laboratories;
iii. To ensure reference standards for calibration and verification of measures and measuring instrument
iv. To compile an inventory of products requiring standardization;
v. To compile Nigeria Industrial Standards etc.
ROLES OF NAFDAC
NAFDAC has various basic functions. According to the requirements of its enabling decree, the agency was authorized to:
- Regulate and control the importation, exportation, manufacture, advertisement, distribution, sale and use of drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals
- Conduct appropriate tests and ensure compliance with standard specifications designated and approved by the council for the effective control of quality of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottles water, and chemicals.
- Undertake appropriates investigation into the production premises and raw materials for food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water and chemical and establish a relevant quality assurance system, including certification of the production sites and of the regulated products
- Undertake inspection of imported foods, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals and establish a relevant quality assurance system, include certification of the production sites and of the regulated products.
- Compile standard specifications, regulations, and guidelines for the production importation exportation sale and distribution of food drugs cosmetics medical devices bottled water and chemicals
- Undertake the registration of food drugs medical devices bottled water and chemical
- Control the exportation and issue quality certification of food drugs medical necessary for the performances of its functions.
NAFDAC envisions that by making these functions known that its actions will be apparent “in all sectors that deals with food cosmetics medical devices bottled water and chemicals to the extent of instilling extra need for caution and compulsion to respect and obey existing regulations both for healthy, living and knowledge of certain sanctions of NAFDAC, the sale and use of fake drugs did not end.
- economic tools for nation building
- factors affecting the expansion of industries
- mineral resources and the mining industries
- demand and supply
- types of demand curve and used
- advertising industry
- factors of production
- joint stock company
. CROP ROTATION
17. GRAZING AND OVER GRAZING
18. IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE
19. IRRIGATION SYSTEMS
21. MILKING MACHINE
22. SIMPLE FARM TOOLS
23. AGRICULTURAL MECHANIZATION
Short-run cost: The short-run cost may be defined as that period of time in which some of the firm’s productive factors like building, capital, equipment and costs are fixed and some are variable. It is a period of time in which certain equipment, resources and commitments of the firm are fixed but not long enough for the firm to vary its output in response to demand by hiring more or fewer variable factors of production such as labour and raw materials
In order to be in production during the period of short-run, the firm must be able to cover its variable costs. If the price of the product is equivalent to the marginal cost, it will lead to low profit unless its average variable cost is covered. Any price below the average variable cost, the firm will run at a loss, and any price above the average variable cost, the firm will be able to cover its fixed costs.
It is recommended that when a firm’s average cost is greater than its price, the firm should stay open in the short run if price, the firm should stay open in the short run if price is greater than AVC. Such firm should shut down in the long run. This is because any further production will add to losses in the long run.Long-run cost: The long-run cost is a period of time in which all factor input in a production decisions deal with the operation of existing productivity capacity, long run is a planning period towards wh
national agency for food and drug administration and control
You must log in to post a comment.