DISADVANTAGES AND ADVANTAGES OF ECONOMIC INTEGRATION IN AFRICA
Some of the ways in which West African Countries would benefit from economic integration are:
The enlarged market will encourage large scale production.
Efficiency generated as a result economic integration will be utilized in production units.
ADVANTAGES OF ECONOMIC INTEGRATION IN AFRICA
- There will be greater resources m achievement
- The countries will benefits specialization in some areas production.
- Job opportunities will be created in the process.
- A wide range of economic activities wi improve the quality of life of the
- There will be stimulation of f economic development in the reg:: a
- The countries will have greater to participate effectively in the w market.
DISADVANTA OF ECONOMIC INTEGRATION THROUGHOUT AFRICA
- Fear and suspicion of domination: Uneven development among African Nations creates fear a suspicions of domination.
- are differences in economic and political ideology which delay decision making process.
(3) Divided loyalty to former colonial masters: There is divided loyalty to former colonial masters and the union and this tends to hamper effective integration.
(4) Fiscal and monetary differences: There are fiscal and monetary differences among the nations in West Africa.
(5) Inadequate Infrastructural Facilities: Inadequate infrastructural facilities such as roads and telecommunication is one of the major problems.
(6) Absence of Large and Developed Markets: Absence of large and developed markets among member- nations is another problem.
(7) Political instability: Political instability in the region has slowed down the pace of Economic Integration.
(8) Reluctance to surrender economic independence: Member states feel reluctant to surrender their economic independence.
(9) Inadequate Capital: There is inadequacy of capital within the region.
(10) Language Barrier: Language barrier within the region also affects economic integration.
- 153. FUNGAL DISEASES
- PROTOZOAN DISEASES
159. TAPE WORM
160. ROUND WORM OF PIGS
161. LIVER FLUKE
162. ECTO PARASITES