What is cotton bollworm? The cotton bollworms is an example of insect pest of crop. The cotton bollworm possesses a mouth part that enables it to eat through seeds of cotton
Crops that are attacked by cotton Bollworm
Nature of Damages caused by bollworm of cotton
The control and prevention of cotton bollworm
he control and prevention of the spread of cotton bollworm can be achieved through the following method
1. The practice of crop rotation
2. Always spray with the right insecticide to kill the insect
3. At any time you discovered the presence of bollworm on any stand of cotton on your farm please cut off the cotton stand and burn it to Ashes
4. Make sure you burn every cotton plant and debris after harvesting to avoid the spread of cotton bollworm
Now that you know how to control the spread of cotton bollworm from spreading around your farm please share this with your friends and family using our social media handles.
Roles of SON
- To organize test and do everything necessary to ensure compliance with standards designated and approved by the council; necessaryto ensure compliance with standards designated and approved by the Council.
- To undertake investigations as necessary into the quality of facilities materials and products in Nigeria, and establish a quality assurance system including certification of factories, products and laboratories;
- To ensure reference standards for calibration and verification of measures andmeasuring instrument
- To compile an inventory of products requiring standardization;
- To compile Nigeria Industrial Standards etc.
The statutory functions of the SON are as follows:
To investigate the quality of facilities, materials and products in Nigeria, and establish a quality assurance system, including certification of factories; products and laboratories
To ensure reference standards for calibration and verification of measures and measuring instruments
To compile an inventory of products requiring standardization
To foster interest in the recommendation and maintenance of acceptable standards by industry and the general public
To develop methods for testing materials, supplies and equipment, including items purchased for use by State and Federal departments and private establishments
To register and regulate standard marks and specifications
To undertake preparation and distribution of standard samples
To establish and maintain laboratories or other institutions, as may be necessary for the performance of its functions
To advise State and Federal departments of Government on specific problems relating to standards
You must log in to post a comment.