WHAT IS LARGE SCALE FARMING AND PRODUCTION
Large scale farming can be termed as the practice of commercial agriculture for the purpose of selling and generating income from there. Large scale farming is always capital intensive. Large scale farming involves the use of machineries and high end farm implements and tools.
CHARACTERISTICS OF LARGE SCALE FARMING
PROBLEMS OF LARGE SCALE FARMING
- Lack of access to good road.
- Poor or lack of access to quality and improved varieties of crops.
- Lack access to competitive markets
- Large scale farming can be affected by disease or epidemic break out.
- Lack of access to cheap fertilizers.
- Lack of access to the right inputs and professionals
- Lack of access to funds, like loans, grants from government and bank credits
- Large scale farming faces the problem of land tenure system
IMPORTANCE OF LARGE SCALE FARMING
- Large scale farming helps to increase national foreign exchange.
- Large farming creates employments for the teaming youths and graduates from around the world.
- Large scale farming helps to generate income for the farmer and his household
Don’t forget to share this post while leaving your comment below
WEED AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES
1. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AFFECTING AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
3. 52. SOIL MICRO-ORGANISMS
4. ORGANIC MANURING
5. FARM YARD MANURE
6. HUMUGRAZING AND OVER GRAZING
10. IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGES
8. CROP ROTATION
11. IRRIGATION SYSTEMS
12. ORGANIC MANURING
13. FARM YARD MANURE
16. CROP ROTATIONIRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE
19. IRRIGATION SYSTEMS
21. MILKING MACHINE
22. SIMPLE FARM TOOLS
23. AGRICULTURAL MECHANIZATION
24. THE CONCEPT OF MECHANIZATION
25. PROBLEMS OF MECHANIZATION