First let’s define crop rotation
What is crop rotation?
Crop rotation is a system of farming where by different crops are grown on the same piece of land year after year in a definite manner so as to maintain the fertility of the soil
If the definition of crop rotation that I gave above is the accurate one so how can there be effect of crop rotation alright let’s just go forward and look at some of the effect of the practice of crop rotation in an agricultural environment
The effects of crop rotation
When we say effect of anything we mean what that thing affects others or displaces others for. So the effect of crop rotation simply means how crop rotation affect our agricultural production
1. One major effect of crop rotation is that it add nutrients to the soil through the incorporation of leguminous crops in the rotation process
2. Crop rotation is used to control the effect of weed or growth of weeds on the farm. So what we mean here is that crop rotation process of Farming system is a method used for weed control
3. Crop rotation system of Farming is a method used to maximize the available land
4. Another effect of crop rotation or importance of crop rotation is that it helps to control pest associated with the soil
5. One major effect or importance of crop rotation is that it is useful in the control of diseases
6. Another major area or effect of crop rotation is that it is naturally used to control soil erosion
7. One great importance of crop rotation is the conservation of land
Thank you for coming today.
feel free to explore some of our articles and don’t forget to share using our social media handles