prospect of agriculture in west africa, Almost all West African countries have mono – crop based economies i.e. they have only one major crop – source for their revenue. There is a lot of prospects for agriculture in the West African sub – region as the climatic and soil condition and for export are quite high, read down to see more on prospect of agriculture
Agriculture could flourish in the West African sub – region if the following steps are taken by the various governments:
- Zoning of regions to produce certain commodities: Each country could zone the production of certain crops or livestock in line with the favorable climatic and soil conditions in that area e.g., cocoa in the west, oil palm in the East and groundnut in the Northern part of Nigeria.
Provision of finance: This will help to purchase the necessary input required for large scale agricultural production and prospect of agriculture
Recruitment of agricultural graduates: Agricultural graduates should be involved in a large scale production since they have acquired the necessary skills to boost agricultural production.
how to solve the problem prospect of agriculture
Establishment of farm estates: Large agricultural estates should be set up by the various governments and various categories of agricultural graduates that specializes in different areas of agriculture such as soil scientists, crop scientists, animal scientists, fish experts, agricultural economists, agricultural engineers, etc be pulled together to work and interact in order to produce crops and livestock to feed the nation and the excess for export- prospect of agriculture
When all these are put in place, it is believed that with heavy reliance on agriculture alone, all the nations in the West African sub – region will be buoyant and their economies can be sustained with or without other sources of revenue to the government.
- economic tools for nation building
- factors affecting the expansion of industries
- mineral resources and the mining industries
- demand and supply
- types of demand curve and used
- advertising industry
- factors of production
check out these recent posts