The pituitary gland, the gland is a small pea-sized gland located just base of the mid-brain that plays a major role in regulating some important body functions and general well-being- The pituitary gland
where Can we find the pituitary gland in the body?
the gland can be found just below the base of the mid-brain
What are the hormones secreted by pituitary gland?
1. Prolactin hormone
3. Antidiuretic hormones ADH
4. Somatotropin hormones
5. Tropic hormones
These are some of the hormones secreted by the pituitary.
There may be more of these glands depending on which country you are from and what kind of study country of origin.
There are other forms of hormones and their functions that that will not be listed in this article so feel free to reach me if you have any further question regarding types of hormones and their functions.
Functions of the pituitary gland and its secreted hormones
1. One of the functions of the gland is that the secreted prolactin hormones
stimulates and control milk production
through the mammary glands
3. The antidiuretic hormone stimulates the kidney tubules to re-absorb water from the glomerular filtrate
4. the somatotropin hormone promotes the growth of bones and muscles.
5. Tropic hormones controls other endocrine glands in the body this is why the gland is referred to as master gland of the body.
Let us run a short summary of the endocrine gland known as pituitary gland.
The gland is located in the brain
known as master gland in the body
it secretes five types of hormones
The gland helps to secrete hormones which control other endocrine glands for proper functioning of the body system functioning of the kidney
, milk production
, growth hormones and muscles.
Thank you for your time today feel free to reach us using our own box below
raises funds for expansion WEED AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES
1. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AFFECTING AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
3. 52. SOIL MICRO-ORGANISMS
4. ORGANIC MANURING
5. FARM YARD MANURE
8. CROP ROTATION
You must log in to post a comment.