Condition necessary for rapid economic development, solutions to problems of (®) underdevelopment, or measures government can adopt for rapid economic development include the reversal of problems of economic development. These include:
- Encouragement of savings: People and firms should be encouraged to save provided there is an improvement in their income. Good savings leads to investments. Expenditure in consumption should be reduced.
- Encouragement of investments: Individuals and firms should be encouraged to invest in the economy Capital of fund, tax holiday, provision of some infrastructural facilities, etc encourage investment.
- Provision of capital: Banks should encouraged to provide capital of for individuals and firms to enab1: to embark on productive ventures.
- Training of manpower: Manpower should be trained periodically to ensure efficient and production and productive output for rapid economic development
- Promotion of industrialisation: Effort should be made to promote rapid industrialisation as these forms the bedrock for any economic development
- Provision of infrastructural facilities: The provision of these facilities such as good roads, pipe-borne water and electricity can promote the rapid economic development of any nation.
- Technological development: The level of technology should be developed in order to increase economic development.
- Establishment of educational institutions: Higher educational institutions should be established in order to ensure adequate management of human and natural resources available in the country.
- Able leadership: A good leaders1\”\’- should be established in order to ensure adequate management of human and natural resources available in the country.
- Export promotion: Exports should be encouraged and promoted in order to generate more earnings, thereby encouraging economic development.
- Population control: Population should be controlled in order to match the available natural resources and this will lead to rapid economic development.
- Good development plan: There should be good development plans and their execution will promote economic development.
- Availability of organised market: Organised markets should be made available in order to get better returns on investments.
- Diversification of the economy: This will assist a country from depending on a particular sector of the economy, hence economic development is promoted.
- Prudent financial resources management: This should be done to prevent embezzlement and financial misappropriation.
- Political stability: A stable government generally encourages economic development.
153. FUNGAL DISEASES