What is cassava mealybugs?
Cassava mealybug is an insect pest of cassava which attacks cassava tubers
Cassava mealybugs is a type of boring insect pest of crop.
Crops that are attacked by cassava mealybugs
The main crops that are attacked by cassava mealybugs is the cassava and cassava tuber.
Nature of Damages and the effect of cassava mealybugs attack
1. The cassava mealybugs attacks the cassava by twisting of stem and reduced internodes
2. Cassava mealybugs affect the cassava plant or crop by causing the stem or shoot system to swell
3. Another effect of cassava mealybugs is it causes stunted growth
4. Reduced yield
Prevention and control method of cassava mealybugs
1. To control the spread of cassava mealybugs, early planting should be observed by every farmer involved in cassava planting
2. The use of planting of pest resistant varieties of cassava should be encouraged by farmers
3. Cutting system of propagation should also be encouraged
4. Then the last of all is that to curb the excesses of cassava mealybugs, farmers should spray with the right insecticide or herbicide.
Interestingly every Attack of crop pest will always have a negative effect. they will certainly reduce the crop yield, reduce production rate and the May die off eventually
This is what we do.
thank you so much for coming today, please help us to share by using our social media handles
60. DISEASES AND PESTS OF CROPS
61. MAIZE SMUT
62. RICE BLAST economic
63. MAIZE RUST
64. LEAF SPOT OF GROUNDNUT
65. COW-PEA MOSAIC
66. COCOA BLACK POD DISEASE
check out these recent posts
- loans for businesses
- how to establish enterprises
- what is a firm
- price equilibrium
- scale of preference
- concept of economics
- economic tools for nation building
- factors affecting the expansion of industries
- mineral resources and the mining industries
demand and supply