aphid pest of crop, damages caused and prevention method
Categories : Uncategorized
What are aphids?
An aphid is an insect pest of crop.
An aphid is a typical example of piercing and sucking insect
Types of crops attacked or affected by aphids
Crops that are attacked by aphids are legumes e.g. cowpea and soya beans
Nature of Damages and economic importance of the effect of the attacks of aphids on crops.
1. The attacks of aphid on crops causes stunted growth
2. Most times they attacks of aphid on crops causes galls on leaves of crops
3. Aphid is a vector. which means it carries disease causing organisms like rosette mosaic disease of cowpea
How to prevent and control the spread of aphids crop pest
The spread of aphids as a crop pest can be controlled through the following measures
1. Always endeavour to spray with insecticide to kill vectors
2. As quickly as possible when you discover a plant or crop that has been affected by acid the best you could do is to uproot and burn the infected plant
Thank you for your time today with us.
feel free to leave us a comment and don’t forget to use our social media handles to share with friends