Tin and Columbite mining in Nigeria.Tin and Columbite are basement comnplex rock minerals found in Nigeria.
uses of Tin and columbite
Tin is used for coating containers in the canning industry while Columbite is used in the manufacturing of heat resistant steel used inject engines.
we can you find Tin and columbite ore in NIgeria
this beautiful mineral is Plateau state
and Jos precisely
Tin and Columbite occur together naturally.uses of
Method of mining tin and Columbite
Tin and Columbite are mined by a method called open cast method. The process of mining is as follows
- Explosives are used to remove the overburden rocks
- A powerful machine called a dragline is then used to pile the tin into a heap
- A monitor is then used to direct a strong jet of water towards the heap
- The water washes the soil out through a series of sluice boxes
- The tin ore sinks to the bottom of the sluice boxes while the water carries the dirt away
- The tin concentrate now formed is later sent to the factory for smelting
- Limestone: Limestone is a sedimentary rock mineral found in Ewekoro and Shagamu (Ogun state), Ukpilla (Edo state), Calabar (Cross River state), Nkalagu (Anambra state),Benue and Sokoto states. Limestone is essential raw material for the manufacturing of cement. It should be noted that cement industries are located in all the above areas where limestone is found.
- 161. LIVER FLUKE
162. ECTO PARASITES